Which data are collected and for what purpose?
When you apply to us, we process the application data you provide (in particular academic degree, first name, surname, gender, country and date of birth, language of communication, address and e-mail address, as well as your application details such as curriculum vitae, publications, etc.) exclusively for purposes related to your interest in a focus group Fellowship with us. You can apply by sending us your complete application documents by e-mail to application.focus.group(at)wiko-berlin.de (in exceptional cases also by post). The legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
We store your personal data until revoked and use them exclusively for internal purposes, i.a. statistics and evaluation. You can object to this processing at any time with effect for the future. To do so, please send an e-mail to datenschutz(at)wiko-berlin.de.
Providing data to third parties
We do not transfer personal data to third parties in a non-compliant way.
The data servers of the Wissenschaftskolleg, the address databases, the email system, and all other connected systems are hosted on the Wissenschaftskolleg’s servers. In certain cases we may use the help of external service providers (especially technical service providers).
Personal data is not transfered to third countries, unless explicitly described otherwise in this statement.
Insofar as the legal requirements are met you have the following rights:
- in accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO, to the degree specified therein, to obtain access to the personal data we have processed;
- in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO, to demand the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data we have stored on you;
- in accordance with Art. 17 DSGVO, to demand the deletion of the personal data we have stored on you;
- in accordance with Art. 18 DSGVO, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- in accordance with Art. 20 DSGVO, to demand receipt, in a structured, customary, and machine-readable format, of the personal data that you have presented us with or to demand that it be transmitted to another responsible party;
- in accordance with Art. 77 DSGVO, to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, which in our case is the Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit, Friedrichstr. 19, 10969 Berlin.
Right to Object Pursuant Art. 21 GDPR
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT, FOR REASONS RELATED TO YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION, TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA CONCERNING YOU, PROCESSING WHICH IS NECESSARY FOR A LEGITIMATE INTEREST ON OUR PART OR TO PERFORM A TASK IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST OR WHICH IS CARRIED OUT IN THE EXERCISE OF OFFICIAL AUTHORITY.
IN THAT CASE, WE SHALL NO LONGER PROCESS THE PERSONAL DATA UNLESS WE DEMONSTRATE COMPELLING LEGITIMATE GROUNDS FOR THE PROCESSING, WHICH OVERRIDE YOUR INTERESTS, RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS OR WHERE THE PROCESSING IS NECESSARY FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT, EXERCISE OR DEFENCE OF LEGAL CLAIMS.
If you have questions about the processing, of your personal data, or if you want to exercise your rights as a data subject, feel free to contact us at any time via email at datenschutz(at)wiko-berlin.de.
Obligation to provide personal data and automated decision making pursuant to Art. 22 GDPR
There is no no statutory or contractual requirement for you to provide us with personal data. However, without any data we may not be able to provide yout with our services. We do not use automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) GDPR.
Changes to our data protection policy
Contact data of the responsible parties
The processor pursuant to the GDPR and other, national data protection laws is the
Wissenschaftskolleg zu Berlin e.V. – Institute for Advanced Study
Phone: +49 (30) 89001-0
Our data protection officer is
Dr. Michael Funke
JBB Data Consult GmbH
Berlin, October 2021